MASSP is a proud affliate of the National Association of Secondary School Principals located in Reston Virginia. As a unified state, members are required to join both the national and state organizations. Individual membership is not permitted. However, a variety of benefits flow to MASSP members that are not available to those in non-unified states due to this arrangement:
- $2,000,000 professional liability coverage per member (Doubled!)
- $1,000 legal reimbursement per member with a cap of $10,000
- Access to PLAC (Principal’s Legislative Action Center) ($6,000 value) to send action alerts on state policy issues. NASSPs contract would be extended for states to personalize for their use. Contact the NASSP Advocacy Department for more details.
- A voucher for NASSP professional development services/resources ($10,000 value). This voucher can be used toward speakers, workshops, research, in-state training, consultations, publications, toolkits—whatever the state needs to provide leadership development to its members. Contact the NASSP Professional Development Department for more details.
Three avenues exist to apply for your membership in our organizations.
1) You can join by downloading and completing the Membership Application and mailing it to the MASSP office with a check or credit card information
2) You can join by following this link to the NASSP website to apply as a unified member. This requires a credit card.
3) You can join by following this link to use the on-line form provided. It allows you to pay by credit card, submit a check after completing the application, or indicate you will be paying by purchase order. You will be asked to provide a PO# as soon as you receive it. Membership will not become final till payment is actually received.
To renew your existing membership, click on Member Dues Renewal button below (user name is your email address. If you forget your password, click on the Forgot Username/Password? link and you can reset it. If you have any questions, email [email protected].)