The Exec Board set aside $2000 to assist Assistant Principals in their quest to be an instructional leader. We have crafted this year's approach NOT as a scholarship program, but rather as a set of potential experiences that create a broad definition of what instructional leadership might look like in a school. Don't see something in the examples below that quite fits what you had in mind? Then create your own. A committee from our exec board will review and award proposals in the fall. Go to the AWARDS tab on the MASSP home page to download an application. Deadline for application is November 1, though some funds may be awarded prior to that date.
Click on this application link to view and complete the application. Completed applications including a copy of the applicants resume and the letter of endorsement by the applicant's principal must be sent electronically to the MASSP office by November 1, 2017 to [email protected]
A committee of assistant principals will review applications and select multiple award winners using the following criteria:
- Connection of the activity to the outcomes stated in the application
- Years of membership in MASSP/NASSP and participation/involvement in activities
- Quality of the application in stating a compelling need for the activities described and the impact the proposal will have on the outcomes stated in the application.
- Leadership Library: Create a personal professional library with titles from ASCD, NASSP, and other sources. Up to $350 available here.
- Conference Package: This would be for the MASSP spring conference and would include the cost of conference, hotel, and mileage OR attend the NASSP Principals conference in July, 2018 in Chicago.
- Professional Membership Package: Would include memberships to the professional organizations you choose such as ASCD, MASSP, subscription to Edweek, or other
- Servant-Leader Package: Bring a PD experience to your school; cost for a speaker, on-line experience/webinar for staff, or fund 3 - 4 teachers from your school plus yourself to attend a future aspiring leaders conference.
- General Scholarship-Use funding for un-reimbursed expenses for graduate work or other PD experiences you select.
- Customize you own experience--Design your own experience to fund with this program