Committee Meeting Schedules
MASSP has several Boards/Committees that operate during the year:
1) The Steering Committee is composed of the Past President, President, President-Elect, Treasurer, Secretary, State Coordinator, and the Executive Director. It meets in conjunction with the Executive Board four times each year, and also meets during the interim months to address issues for MASSP
2) The Executive Board meets four times each year. This group is composed of the steering committee and a representative from each Maryland LEA. Meeting dates and locations.
3) The Assistant Principals committee plans the annual assistant principals conference each fall and serves as the selection committee for the Assistant Principal of the Year. Individuals interested in volunteering to serve on this committee should contact the executive director. Meetings consist of a series of conference calls and face to face meetings in central Maryland.
4) The spring conference planning committee plans the annual spring conference and serves as the selection committee for the Principal of the Year program. Individuals interested in volunteering to serve on this committee should contact the executive director. The first meeting will take place in November at Liberty High School in Carroll County. Contact us if you are interested in joining this group
5) The technology committee was formed in November, 2012. Chaired by assistant principal Rick Robb who is a former ISTE International Technology Using Eductator of the Year Award Winner, this group advises the executive Board on technology issues. Individuals interested in volunteering to serve on this committee should contact the executive director
6) The legislative committee is monitors bills in the Maryland House and Senate each term. Former executive director Gene Streagle currently serves as a committee of one, providing information to the executive director and executive board as well as all members to ensure that the views of MASSP members are shared with Maryland legislators.
7) The Nominating Committee seeks to identify future officers for MASSP. Individuals interested in volunteering to serve on this committee should contact the executive director